Saturday, May 5, 2012

In my last post, I announced that I would be serving on a panel of writers at a writers' symposium in May. Because of that, the panel of writers will be interviewed that evening (Wednesday, April 25) between 8:30 PM - 10:00 PM on 92.5 The Bear.

For those of you who listened in, it was obvious I wasn't there. Unfortunately, my mother was rushed to the hospital earlier that day and my dad, sister and I were at the hospital until almost 9PM. My mother is doing much better and is at home now.

The writers' symposium is scheduled for Tuesday, May 15 from 2:30 - 4:00 PM at the Carnegie Library in downtown Newnan. For those of you living in the Newnan/Coweta County/Southern Crescent area, I would love for you to come.

I am honored to be on the panel with several excellent authors as well as dear friends. Facilitating the symposium will be Swanee Ballman (hopefully she will have recovered from surgery by then!) Swanee has written several books, including Exodus From America and Tamarind. She is the owner of Jawbone Publishing located in Newnan.

Linda Jennings is a co-host on the cable show "Tea with Linda and Maggie" and owner of InDePub Books.com. She is the author of  Life within the Veil and Forty Days of Healing Devotions. She is currently writing a book on miracles in Coweta County.                                                                                                                                                                                                                  lso  Holly Moulder is a retired school teacher, having taught for 21 years in the Coweta County School System. She is the author of several children's books including A Cord of Three Strands and Eyes of the Calusa.

Carla Cook Smith, marketing expert and publisher with Perspectives Books has written a number of books on the histories of surrounding cities, including Fayetteville Perspectives and Holiday Perspectives in Senoia, Senoia Perspectives, Turin Perspectives and Peachtree City, a 50 Year Perspective.

Then there's me. I've yet to figure out why I was invited except I was told I am the blogging "expert." I don't consider myself an expert by any stretch of the imagination. But I love to blog and am willing to share what I know.  

This symposium will be a fun and informative meeting! I hope to see you there!                            

No comments: