Thursday, January 27, 2011

Receive God’s Blessings: Love Your Enemies


 

But I tell you who hear me: Love your enemies, do good to those who hate you, bless those who curse you, pray for those who mistreat you. But love your enemies, do good to them and lend to them without expecting to get anything back. Then your rewards will be great and you will be sons of the Most High, because he is kind to the ungrateful and wicked. (Luke 6:27-28; 35
New International
Version)

We should love our enemies and bless those who persecute us first, because we are being obedient to the scriptures when we do so. Doing this prevents us from becoming bitter. I heard someone say that being bitter is like drinking a cup of poison, and waiting for the other person (towards whom we are bitter) die. When we are angry and bitter, God cannot work in us and through us to bless others and ourselves. But when we pray blessings over our enemies, we release them and our selves and God can pour out his blessings.

Our Father and God, I come before You today and if I harbor bitterness in my heart against anyone, please show me now. I pray that You will forgive me for being bitter towards _______________ (you fill in the name). Help me to forgive him/her. I pray that you will bless ________________ and his/her family. Provide them with their needs and bless them spiritually. In Jesus' name,
Amen.


 


 


 

No comments: