Thursday, October 28, 2010

The Power to Reinvent Yourself: How to Break the Destructive Habits in Your Life by Jason Frenn

Over the course of my life, I have read numerous Christian “self-help” books. Most of these books were good – even helpful – but in the end, the principles expounded upon within the books were forgotten. Jason Frenn’s latest book, The Power to Reinvent Yourself: How to Break the Destructive Patterns in Your Life, far exceeds good, moves beyond excellent into the superb range.

Allow me to share a couple of paragraphs from the introduction:

“Now more than ever people feel stuck, and they are sick of living in survival mode. Parents fear passing their baggage onto their children. Spouses don’t want their marriages to end in a bitter divorce. People are tired of feeling helpless in the face of the addictions they can’t seem to overcome. They don’t want the pain of past hurts to keep them from moving forward. They don’t want to sabotage their ability to move up the corporate ladder. We all want to break free from the things that hold us back.

In essence, all of us are looking for real power, the power that gives us victory over the things that have kept us in cycles of frustration and defeat. We all want to experience true freedom and peace of mind. What about you? Are you living the life you’ve always wanted or are you simply treading water? Are you looking for real power?

In the following chapters, Frenn offers six steps that are necessary to live the life God has planned for you. I’m not going to list all six steps, because it’s my opinion that everyone needs to purchase this book, read it, highlight the points and implement them into your life. However, I do want to point out that almost all “self-help” books will tell you “how” to accomplish whatever it is you desire to accomplish in your life. There’s nothing wrong with that, except none of those books help you determine why you want to change. As Frenn says, “You will never attain what you want until you fully understand your why.”

I have begun to implement these principles in my life. And, I’ve already seen an improvement. It’s my belief that this book will have far-reaching, wonderful consequences in the lives of readers. If I rated books on a “star” method with five stars being the highest, this book would receive ten stars. What more can I say? Go. Buy. Read. Change. Forever.

2 comments:

Jason frenn said...

Hello Edwina,

I am honored by your words. Thank you for your sincere review of this book. Virtually all the reviews have been highly positive, but I think you've given your readers a very clear picture of what this book can do for the reader, especially if he or she can tap into "the why"

Take care,
Jason Frenn

Edwina said...

Jason,

I'm glad you were pleased. I'm so excited about the changes in my life that have already begun. Onbe thing I'm doing is adding a new feature to my blog to encourage those who need to make a change to healthy living.

Blessings,
Edwina