Friday, June 22, 2012

Oh Ye of Little Faith

Some time ago, a dear friend forwarded me information on a conference called "Speak Up!" She wrote, "They're offering scholarships. You should apply for one." I went to the "Speak Up!" website and saw where they were offering $100 scholarships towards the total registration fee. That's actually a great deal, but with our budget the way it is this year, I knew I would not be able to attend. I emailed my friend back, explained my position and she answered me. "No. Cec Murphy is offering full-ride scholarahips. Apply for that one.:" (My friend is a dear sweet Christian woman, but I could just see her eyes rolling as she typed her answer!) I contacted the coordinator of the conference inquiring how I could apply.She told me to write a brief explanation of why I needed the scholarship and send it back to her. God knew my heart - how much I wanted to come to this conference. I poured my heart into my explanation but as I wrote, I kept thinking in the back of my mind "There's no way I'm going to get a schloarship. There are so many people who are in much more dire straits financially than me."  "Oh ye of little faith." I arrived yesterday afternoon in Grand Rapids, MI for the 2012 "Speak Up! Conference." God is good. Selah.

No comments: