Friday, March 30, 2012

Vision


Proverbs 29:18
Where there is no vision, the people perish.

          It is amazing to realize that we have reached the end of the first quarter of 2012. It’s usually about this time of the year that we briefly review those resolutions we made three short months ago to determine if we’ve even started working on accomplishing said resolutions.  

          The Bible doesn’t tell us to set resolutions, but rather to have a vision, lest we perish. The Message states it even more specifically:

“If people can't see what God is doing,
they stumble all over themselves;
But when they attend to what he reveals,
they are most blessed.”

So it’s God’s vision that we must have – not our own. But what about our dreams, our vision? When we give our dreams and visions up to God, His vision becomes ours and oftentimes, we find that our vision was not too far off from His vision for us. But we always realize that His vision always far exceeds anything we could ask or think.

For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the LORD, “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. (Jeremiah 29:11 NIV)

So, how have you done on your resolutions this first quarter? Or have you discovered God’s vision for you? Are you following that vision?

1 comment:

Aidyl Ewoh said...

I am happy to say I am doing well with my resolutions for this year. Whenever someone asks me (or I read it…) a question like this, I’m reminded how wonderful it is to actually be doing when I know I should do. Thanks for the reminder though, to keep going.
~Aidyl
www.aidylewoh.blogspot.com