Monday, September 26, 2011

Book Review: Leaving by Karen Kingsbury

Karen Kingsbury is well known for her “Life Changing Fiction.” She has written another life-changing book in Leaving, Book One of the Bailey Flanigan Series.

 Readers of Karen’s book will remember meeting Bailey in the Firstborn Series. We watched her grow in the Sunrise series and Above the Line series, all three series of the Baxter Family saga. And now she has her own series. I write about Bailey as if she’s a real person because that’s how Ms. Kingsbury’s books make us feel. She writes such in-depth characters that they become a part of our lives. We are happy when good things happen to them and we are sad during their difficult times.

I will not spoil your reading pleasure by giving away the story of Leaving., although the title should be a obvious giveaway. Suffice it to say, if you are a fan of Karen’s books, you will enjoy Leaving. And if you’ve never read any of Karen’s books, Leaving is a perfect book to start your journey.

I have a copy of Leaving for a book give-away. Please leave your comment and let me know if you are a Karen Kingsbury fan or if this would be your first book Karen Kingsbury book to read. Be sure an leave your email address so if you win, I can contact you. Drawing will be held on Monday, October 3.

This book was provided free of charge by Amazon Vine Program for the sole purpose of a book review. The opinions expressed in this review are strictly my own and in no way reflect the opinions of Amazon, or its employees.

1 comment:

Heidi Chiavaroli said...

Thanks for the post, Edwina. Karen Kingsbury was one of the reasons I began writing Christian fiction. I read all of her earlier books. The Redemption Series was my favorite, but this is also on my to-read list. Thanks for the review. ;)