Friday, January 21, 2011

Put God First: Sitting at His Feet

Then Jesus went with his disciples to a place called Gethsemane, and he said to them, "Sit here while I go over there and pray. Going a little farther, he fell with his face to the ground and prayed, "My Father, if it is possible, may this cup be taken from me. Yet not as I will, but as you will." (Matthew 26:35, 38 NIV)

We are so busy in this day and age, that it seems we never slow down, much less stop and sit in the presence of Jesus to listen to Him. Prayer is a two way conversation. We pray, give thanks and adoration and make our requests known to God, (Phil. 4:6) but we also listen. How can we know what God desires of us and for us if we do not sit and listen? If we are too busy to pray, we are too busy! God says, “Be still and know that I am God.”

BE Just be. Don’t think, plan, or act. Just be.
STILL At rest. Silent. Quiet.
KNOW Recognize. Accept. Comprehend. Grasp
I First Person.
AM Exists. Lives. Being.
GOD Creator of the Universe. Lord and King. Ruler.

My Lord and God, You are an awesome God! You reign supreme over all the world! Thank You for meeting us when we come to sit at Your feet. Thank You for Your ministry to us there. There is such peace and serenity as we sit at Your feet, waiting to hear You speak to us. Speak, Lord. Your servant listens. Amen.

No comments: