Thursday, January 13, 2011

BOOK REVIEW: "SUN STAND STILL"

I am a writer. I say that in faith. Audacious faith.

I also review books. I review books for three major publishing firms and I am a judge for two major contests for American Christian Fiction Writers and two contests for chapters of Romance Writers of America.

I write all of that, not to brag, (I have absolutely nothing to brag about), but so that you will understand the quandary in which I find myself.

I cannot think of words adequate enough to describe the book I have just finished reading “Sun Stand Still” by Pastor Steven Furtick. It is  an incredible book. The book is based on the story of Joshua and the prayer he prayed in Joshua 10:12: “O sun, stand still over Gibeon, O moon, over the Valley of Aijalon." This is not just simply faith - it is audacious faith – that Joshua would ask God to cause the sun to stand still! "Sun Stand Still" encourages us and shows us how to have that same audacious faith.

Here are a few passages from the book:

“If you’re not daring to believe God for the impossible, you may be sleeping through some of the best parts of your Christian life.

If the size of your vision for your life isn’t intimidating to you, there’s a good chance it’s insulting to God.

Audacious faith is the raw material that authentic Christianity is made of. It’s the stuff that triggers ordinary level-headed people like you and me to start living with unusual boldness. When you live this way, your eyes will be opened to see your day-to-day life in vivid color. Your spiritual growth will accelerate at a
super-natural pace.”

“Sun Stand Still” pulls no punches. Yet, it is written from a heart of love, a heart after God. Steven Furtick’s desire is to see every Christian in America and beyond her borders to live in audacious faith, to pray Sun Stand Still prayers.

“Sun Stand Still” will cause you to grow spiritually. If you choose to pray Sun Stand Still prayers, your faith will grow into audacious faith. You will “dare to believe God for the impossible,” for the dream, vision and goals He has for you. Your prayer life will change. Your life will change. It will be a change you do not want to miss.

No comments: