Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Eradicator of Fear

Fear. We've all experienced it at some point in our lives. Perhaps we fear simple things – bugs, the creaks and groans of a house as it settles in for the night. Maybe we fear driving in heavy traffic. Or perhaps we fear deeper issues – rejection, verbal or physical abuse, financial ruin, divorce.

I faced a situation this past Friday that was scary, to say the least. This situation will be a life-changing. At first, I faced it head-on. It was either face it or ignore it and I can't afford to ignore it. So I dealt. And thought I was doing okay until last night.

Last night after I went to bed, I realized I was scared. I was full of fear. And I knew I could not face the next few weeks full of fear. It's often been said that faith is the opposite of fear. And I agree with that. But when my faith is a little shaky, then I turn to the Eradicator of fear: God. Lying in bed, I quoted Scripture:

    Joshua 1:9 "Have I not commanded you? Be strong and of good courage;

    do not be afraid, nor be dismayed, for the Lord your God is with you

    wherever you go."


 

Psalm 56: 3-4 "When I am afraid, I put my trust in you. In God, whose word

I praise— in God I trust and am not afraid. What can mere mortals do to me?"


 

I John 4:18 "There is no fear in love. But perfect love drives out fear."

Romans 8:15 "For you did not receive a spirit that makes you a slave again to

fear, but you received the Spirit of sonship. And by him we cry, "Abba, Father."


 

II Timothy 1:7 "For God has not given us a spirit of fear, but of power and of

love and of a sound mind."


 

Are you fearful today? Perhaps you face a loss – job, relationship, health. Perhaps you fear rejection, embarrassment. Those things of which you are most afraid, give them to the Eradicator of fear – God. Trust Him. He will wipe out the fear in your heart and mind, and give you peace. Selah.


 

2 comments:

quietspirit said...

Edwina:
I sit here in tears from reading your words. I was awake in the wee hours this morning praying about some needs our Drama Ministry faced last evening and yesterday.
Guess what? God has taken care of all the needs that concerned me.

You might want to add Psalm 138:7-8 to your list. In the King James Version verse * reads,"My God will perfect (pur-FECT) that which concerns me."

Edwina said...

I'm so glad my words ministered to you! Praise God for His provision and the fact that He always takes care of thos things that concern us.

Blessings!!