Thursday, August 5, 2010

Always the Baker, Never the Bride

Always the Baker, Never the Bride
Sandra Bricker


I finished reading “Always the Baker, Never the Bride” today. What a delightful and fun book to read. Emma Travis, baker extraordinaire, excels in creating perfect, exquisite-tasting wedding cake masterpieces. After winning the prestigious Passionate Palette Award for her crème brülèe wedding cake, she is lured away from her current position at Backstreet Bakery to become the baker at the newly redesigned Tanglewood Inn, located in Roswell, Georgia. (I love reading books that are set in my home state.) Jackson Drake has purchased the Inn and renovated it, with much help from his sisters, into a complete bridal and party events center, according to the wishes of his late wife. Many near-catastrophic situations arise involving his sisters, instigated by Emma’s parents, or stumbled into by Emma’s sweet Aunt Sophie, who almost “stole the show.”

In addition, readers will find helpful hints and tips at the beginning of each chapter, such as “Themed Weddings,” “Tips for Cake Decorations,” recipes for white cake and espresso fondant, and dozens more!

I read the author’s copy so I don’t have a copy to give away. I highly recommend this book for a fun and enjoyable read. Wedding coordinators take note: even though it’s a great read, there are great tips and hints for weddings, and I ought to know – I’m a wedding coordinator!

1 comment:

Sandy Ardoin said...

Haven't read the book, but I love the title.