Thursday, December 3, 2009

The Gift of His Peace

“Peace I leave with you. My peace I give to you; not as the world gives do I give to you.” (John 14:27 NKJV)

The gift I unwrapped this morning is the gift of peace. What a wonderful gift! Who among us can’t use more peace in these days of uncertainty?

The type of peace Jesus is speaking of in the verse above is not a “surface” peace where everything looks great on the outside but on the inside we are a complete wreck. No, this peace takes root in our heart and flows to every aspect of our life – emotional, spiritual, physical. No matter what happens, God’s peace – because that is what it truly is – never leaves you. It is a peace the natural mind cannot comprehend. “And the peace of God, which surpasses all understanding, will guard your hearts and mind through Christ Jesus.” (Phil. 4:7 NKJV)

How do we obtain His peace? By trusting Him with all of our life, realizing He knows what is best for us. Let go of that situation(s) that concerns you and trust God to deal with it. He knows far better than we do what is best for each individual situation.

Abba Father, Help me to trust You with all of my life. I give you those situations that concern me this morning and I ask that You give me peace. Thank you that You stand ready to help when I ask and You are faithful to complete those things that concern me. I love you Father. Amen.

(c) December 2009

2 comments:

Andrea said...

AMEN.
Great post!
Blessings and prayers, andrea

Edwina said...

Thanks, Andrea!

Have a blessed day!

Edwina